The mission of the Crawford County School System is to provide our students with the opportunity to achieve their maximum potential to be successful members of their community.
Crawford County Middle School will provide learning experiences that will enable its students to become academically successful, develop positive self-concepts, learn acceptable social behavior, and enhance aesthetic appreciation.
- Every child should have the opportunity to do what he or she wants to do when he/she graduates high school.
- Our teachers and staff genuinely care about student success.
- Public education can break the cycle of poverty.
- Teachers and staff should have the opportunity for professional growth.
- Our leaders have a responsibility to foster an environment for learning and growth for students and staff.
- Students and staff must feel safe in order for learning to take place.
- The relationship between the teacher/student (families) is as important as the lessons being taught.
- Partnering with our stakeholders will enhance our educational and economic opportunities.
Crawford County Middle School is a small-town rural, yet progressive school located in the city of Roberta, Georgia. In our more than 80,000 square foot facility, we serve approximately 400 sixth, seventh and eighth grade students utilizing tried and true methods of instruction as well as the latest technological advancements. Our current facility was dedicated in 2001 and has now had thousands of Crawford County's youth to pass through its doors in search of knowledge and an opportunity to broaden their horizons. CCMS is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and CASI (Council on Accreditation and School Improvement), which are both divisions of AdvancEd.
In addition to an awesome academic program, CCMS offers a wide variety of athletic and social activities that assist in providing our students with a liberal as well as diverse educational experience. Our primary objective is to employ the best instructional practices as we prepare our students to meet the challenges of 21st century society. More than 50 dedicated staff members strive to meet the needs of our students each day in an effort to improve their lives and increase their options in life. We are Crawford County Middle School.